Once the camera is connected to your HomeWizard camera app, you can operate it with the control screen. Depending on which model you have, there may still be different functions available..
The following steps explain how to get to the control screen:
- Open the 'HomeWizard Cameras'-app.
- In the overview look for the camera whose you want to operate.
- Wait until the live steam is available, otherwise you can not operate the camera.
- Press the window of the camera.
- Operation screen of the camera is opened
When using the control screen, the image is always displayed horizontally. This means that your smartphone always has to be rotated..
Depending on what model you have, you may have the ability to control the direction of the camera using the directional pad in the app. This is shown at the bottom left of the operating screen. Press the arrows to navigate the left, right, top or bottom. Keep in mind that due to the delay in the stream the result of the control is not immediately visible. The amount of delay depends on the network connection and stream settings.
With the 'preset' -button you have the possibility to save a desired position. You have a maximum of 3 preset available. You can install your preset with the following operation.
- Navigate to the desired position using the control screen.
- Select 1, 2 or 3 - preset button.
- Press and hold the selected preset button for 7 seconds.
- The position is stored on the preset button.
- Open the operation screen.
- Press the desired preset button.
- Keep in mind that due to the delay in the stream the result of the control is not immediately visible.
After a restart of the camera, the camera will (after start) go to the position which is stored under 'preset 1'.
- This function is available for pan / tilt models; C724IP and C924IP
Once the microSD card is properly configured in the camera. You can record manually from the control screen. The 'record' button is located at the bottom right of the operating screen. When recording, the 'recording button' is completely red. Press the button again to end the recording. With the 'record button' small, it is not recorded unless other recording is active. (continuous recordings or motion recordings)
- This function is available for all models that can be linked to the HomeWizard camera app.
Depending on what model you have, you have the ability to hear sound from the camera. This is shown at the bottom right of the operating screen. Press 'speaker' -icon to switch on sound. This is now blue. Press the 'speaker' -icon to switch off the sound.
Volume depends on the smartphone setting and the volume has to be adjusted from the device.
- This function is available for the indoor camera models; C723IP and C724IP
Zoom (Optical / digital)
With all models you have the possibility to enlarge the image digitally with 'Pinch zoom'.
Pinch-to-zoom can be used by making a pinching movement on the touchscreen with two fingers. Zooming out is then possible by an opposite movement.
There is 1 model (C924Ip) which also has the possibility to enlarge the optical image or reduce it with the 'optical zoom function'. There is a zoom button at the bottom center of the control screen to actually enlarge or reduce the image.
- The 'Digital zoom function' is suitable for every model of camera that is compatible with the HomeWizard camera app.
- This 'Optical zoom function' is available only for the outdoor camera model; C924IP.
Privacy mode (C735IP)
With the Privacy mode button you have the possibility to manually close or open the lens of the camera. At the moment when you have this function, the privacy mode button appears to the right of the control screen.
- This function is available for the indoor camera models; C735IP