The camera can not find my Wi-Fi network:
- All models of cameras only work with the 2.4Ghz b / g / n Wi-Fi networks. This may prevent the camera from finding your Wi-Fi network (for example, a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network). Consult the settings of your router or contact your internet service provider to enable the 2.4Ghz b / g / n network.
- There may be complications with the Wi-Fi connection if you want to use the camera on a guest network.
- It is possible that the camera can not receive the Wi-Fi signal from your router. From your phone it is easy to check whether your Wi-Fi signal on the spot of your camera is strong enough. Hold your phone in the location of your camera and check the number of dashed Wi-Fi coverage on your phone. If the connection is poor, if possible, reduce the distance between the camera and your Wi-Fi router. Consider a wired installation or consult your internet provider for solutions.
- If the camera is online you can check the Wi-Fi strength in the app.
- Open the 'HomeWizard Cameras'-app
- Go to 'Options' in the list view of the camera.
- Then press on'Wi-fi'
- Check if your selected Wi-Fi network is correct (at least 3 bars are recommended).
My Wi-Fi network is considered unsafe:
It is possible that the camera regards your Wi-Fi network as unsafe and therefore you can not continue with the installation. This occurs when the network is not or badly secured (WEP encryption). Consult the settings of the router.
Need more help
Did you go through all of the steps mentioned above and you still could not add your camera; Then contact our technical support.